Saturday, December 4, 2010

Got another article up. Almost done, just some LTEs and maybe a widget transfer or two. I want to do Marxist crit but it's so utterly, utterly out of date these days.

Today at Goodwill while I tried on a tweed suit that I think is rather wonderfully tasteless there was an extremely Jerry Springer altercation between two other patrons--or a patron and an employee, I couldn't make out which, being in the changing-room. I wasn't going to go out there while the one lady was shrieking at the top of her voice "KEEP YO HANDS OFFA ME. IMA BEAT YOUR ASS. IMA BEAT YOUR ASS. I AINT PLAYIN IMA BEAT YOUR ASS," etc.

I wasn't able to determine what exactly she'd done or had done to her that threw her into such a frothing rage, but there was something almost refreshing about the violent outburst.

In other news I think I want to do a series of science poems.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joy of overhearing things getting wacky. It is fun when you don't have to worry about getting caught in it.

    As for the science poems, do! I've written several and apparently thee's poetry in the scientific writing anthology--for creative scientific writing. I really need to look the official name up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read your science poems!

    ReplyDelete