Tuesday, September 28, 2010

fighting with technology

I'm going to win. I'm going to win despite the fact that you can't float a table with text in the cells over an image map. For the most part this won't be a problem as the image maps will be limited to the main section pages and the home page, but it's dashed irritating when I'm trying to add links in a footer that happens to be part of the same background image.

So I'll be cheating. And borrowing code from a page that DOES what I want to do, so that I can make my page do that same thing. I've had to separate out the unfoundisland header and footer, and it'll probably look okay with those as individual images, but I'd really like to be able to float the bubble-chamber shot behind the text in the various story/essay/whatever pages.

I don't want to have to resort to wordpress, so I'll be stealing css from, say, this blog. I want the header to remain fixed and active as a link while the text in the middle section scrolls up past it. Then I need to work out how to make the footer also fixed while the middle section moves.

God, this is annoying being at work and away from dreamweaver. I need a USB mouse for my macbook--the one that came with my tablet all those years ago is really not sensitive enough to be satisfactory. (Maybe I can borrow a spare mouse from work.)

*twitches* *wants to be making websites, dammit*

No comments:

Post a Comment