Monday, September 27, 2010

It's rather frightening but exhilarating to think that I will finally be able to put my stuff up on the web without having to do it through LJ or IJ or Blogger. The issue being, of course, why would anybody visit the site in the first place: how to draw traffic to my site?

But I'm really liking the way the graphics are turning out. I'm going to be using image maps for pretty much all the pages of the site. So far it looks like this:

HOME PAGE links to:

"About," "Bio," and "Email" in the footer;
"Stories"
"Non-Euclidean Food"
"What Went Wrong"
"Essays on the state of things"
"Links"

"Stories" page links to:
HOME PAGE (header)
Individual story pages
"About," "Bio," and "Email" in the footer

Etc, etc. All of them have the contact info and the link back to the home page.

If I can manage it there's going to be tiny animation on mouseover for the individual links on the four main subpages--a tiny square graphic would fade into existence and then out again when the cursor was removed from the link.

I really hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment