Monday, November 22, 2010

Jubilation and frustration

YES. Source material has arrived. I can spend time today and the rest of this week pounding out articles.

It's not as intellectually satisfying as, say, back-engineering explanations for Transformers physiology, or working out a system of fictitious (meta)physics for Hell, but it's a lot of fun nonetheless.

In other news, I do so wish that when I said things like "I do not go out on dates," "I don't date," "I'm not interested in dating or relationships," and "I need my weekend time alone," people would actually understand that this applies to them.

I've tried the CZ engagement ring with my faux-wedding band. I've tried coldly offensive incomprehension. I've tried honest discussion. I've tried plain old not answering emails. It doesn't seem to get through.

I'm not issuing a challenge to every dingbat who thinks they want to go to bed with me--and I am in no way saying that everybody wants to go to bed with me, but those who do fail to understand that it's not going to happen--I am telling them honestly that no, I appreciate the thought, but they really ought not to bother.

I've tried saying it through class assignments. I've tried saying it out loud in discussion. I've tried saying it face to face and I've tried saying it in emails:

I AM BETTER OFF ALONE.

Sigh. I'm not from this planet.

5 comments:

  1. You just have to stop being so damned cute! (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with this is that I do not feel like going around in ashes and sackcloth in order to fend off unwanted attention. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this that same one guy from before, or a different poor schmuck who can't take a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. careful, he might have a fetish for "i don't date" and "I need my weekend time alone" and rejection in general. i recommend more flood lights outside your house.

    ReplyDelete