Saturday, October 23, 2010

So, videos.

I'm not one of Nature's videographers, and I'm certainly not one of Nature's narrators or on-screen talent. For the most part I think my video project is going to be pretty much entirely a slideshow, maybe with some stock footage, because I know perfectly well I won't be able to get the quality of video I'd find acceptable with my dinky little PowerShot's movie feature--and I don't have access to professional-grade cameras or someone who knows how to use them.

I think I'd like to do either something like a video version of one of my essay entries about the Earhart disappearance/Gantenbrink's door/the search for Andrew Irvine or a little mini-history-lesson on something like the Bromo-Seltzer tower (as a companion piece to the essay on the tower in November's UB Post).

I'd really like to do a tiny documentarylet on the two Pajarito Site accidents, Daghlian and Slotin, or something on the Summerland disaster...wait. Summerland might actually work, on account of I have a lot of the pictures and I know a ton about it based on my research--and I can probably find some really brief news footage of the actual conflagration. Maybe I'll be focusing on that. BS Tower is a good fall-back as I've got some of the work on it done already.

No comments:

Post a Comment